- Grapeseed oil for deepfrying
- One and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- One and 1/2 cups chopped and steamed eggplant
- Pour 2 inches of oil into a deepfryer or a deep pan, then turn the heat up to medium high. If you've got a meat thermometer, the ideal temperature is between 350F and 375F.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat the milk and egg together, then pour onto the dry ingredients. Feel free to add a couple more tablespoons of milk if the batter isn't thick enough. Add in the eggplant.
- Drop the eggplants into the oil, making sure they all have room so they don't cook together. Give them a single turn and pull them when they're browned on both sides — about 5 minutes per eggplant.
- Let them sit on a paper towel to soak up excess oil, and feel free to keep in them in a warm oven until all the eggplants are ready to eat.