IngredientsFor the couscous:
- 1 cup of couscous (any variety)
- 1.5 cups of water / vegetable broth / chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of butter / olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 apple
- 2 carrots
- 3 medium sized bell peppers
- 4-5 olives
- 1 small onion
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts (any variety / mixed)
- Handful of salad leaves (elegance mix)
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon pesto (optional)
- Put 1.5 cups of water or broth to boil, add the couscous to the boiling water along with the butter or olive oil. Let it simmer for two minutes. You can put the stove off and cover the couscous, leaving it to cook in the water for 5-6 mins. It's that easy! Once the couscous is a texture you like, drain any excess water in the pan.
- As the couscous cools down, you can start to chop! I like all the ingredients to be finely chopped, because it makes for the perfect bite when eating. But, feel free to chop as quickly as you need to!
- For the dressing, I use a mug to mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pesto, salt, and pepper. Here's a great place to get experimental and add herbs and spices that you love! Mix everything well in the mug to get an even consistency.
- Mix the couscous in with all the chopped ingredients. Add the dressing one spoon at a time, while tossing the salad after each spoon so that the dressing spreads evenly.