- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 4 bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 4 roma tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2 potatoes, diced and steamed (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Place the butter in a pot or deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the onion and garlic and cook for about two minutes — until soft. Stir in the paprika, add a pinch of salt and pepper, cover and turn the stove to low heat for 5 minutes.
- Bring the heat back up until your pan starts to sizzle, then add the peppers and potatoes. Once the peppers soften, again after about 2 minutes, bring the heat back down and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat this process with the tomatoes, bringing the heat back up for a couple minutes before turning down to cook for another 5. Squeeze lemon to brighten it up a bit, then season to your liking. Serve hot or at room temperature.